hospitality Manager / studio Manager at Edgewood Farm
This position is a combination of cleaner and Studio Manager. The position will take place on the weekends and assure all rooms at Edgewood Farm are left in good clean condition. Sunday, being at Edgewood to welcome students and faculty and show people where to go. The studio manager is responsible for the smooth, safe and efficient running of workshops and for daily maintenance of studio and grounds, as well as assuring composting and recycling.
- Cleaning all rooms in the main house, barn and cottage after all guests leave. Make sure all rooms and baths are equipped with supplies. Be the eyes and ears of the guests, assure they are all happy.
- Welcoming in new faculty and students each Sunday and showing where people go when they arrive, which will include parking, rooms, keys.
- Working with studio managers and being part of the team in assuring smooth transitions between classes
- Enforcing universal and safety precautions as described by Artistic Director
- Keeping grounds in order and all public spaces, i.e. bathrooms, landscaping & garneding, parking lots
- Assisting with openings and events as planned
- Helping during the Encaustic Conference at the end of May
- Working with the Artist in Residents (during the shoulder seasons), assuring all needs are met, helping with studios, cleaning
- Assisting in workshops and other workshops at Edgewood Farm as needed
- Maintaining the grounds at Edgewood Farm: watering, raking, etc.
Bachelors Degree in the arts and or hospitality, strong people skills, organized and a team player, strong communications skills
Must have experience in cleaning, organizing.
Must have an interest in the arts and a strong background in at least one or more of the following areas: printmaking, sculpture, working with children, handyman / light carpentry / maintenance / landscaping
$16.00 – 18.00 dollars per hour (May 1 - June, July & August) Mon – Wed: 9 – 1pm, Thurs: 12 – 6pm, Fri: 9 – 5pm. Sat: 12 – 6pm, Sun: 2 – 6pm (some flexibility in schedule)
Please send resume and cover letter by April 1, 2018 to: Cherie@castlehill.org
- Revised 3/13/2018