Greetings to Everyone who loves the Arts,
With your generous support this past January Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill purchased Edgewood Farm. This significant expansion attests to the optimism and enthusiasm of you, the diverse community that is the all-inclusive, always growing Castle Hill family!
Now that the property has been acquired, and the renovations have begun, we are in a transformative moment; we need your help so we can get to the next level. We are looking to you our donors and supporters with our Annual Appeal for financial support to help us meet our general operating needs and make it through the off-season while we create a vibrant and exciting line up for 2017.
Here are a few of the highlights of the past year:
· 250 people who came from 33 states and 8 countries attended the 10th International Encaustic Conference, with coordinated exhibits throughout Truro and Provincetown. This year was especially important because Castle Hill was able to purchase the rights to the conference from founder and director Joanne Mattera.
· This summer at Edgewood Farm, nine workshops were held outdoors and in the studio buildings and visiting faculty were comfortably housed in the Barn.
· We had an exciting summer of workshops with sell out classes by respected teachers such as Charles and Linda Riggs, Antonia Ramis Miguel, Larry Horowitz, Guy Wolf, Judy Pfaff, Mark Doty, Carol Pelletier, Joan Snyder and may other great instructors!
· The Mark Bittman “Get Roasted & Smoked” dinner with collaborator David Grayson as Barbeque/Smoke Master was a sell-out sensation again this year at the Pamet Yacht Club.
· Edgewood Farm was the perfect site for a Garden Party in July, an August Farm-to-Table Gala and performances by Bread and Puppet Theatre!
During our Annual Appeal, we hope all of you will again recognize the importance of your financial support, remembering that every contribution can provide significant revenue for all the distinctive programs that we offer, impacting all those who live in Truro or the outer cape and all of those visitors we see each year.
Please make a donation today and support one of the most unique and welcoming arts communities on Cape Cod.
Thank you for your continued support and generosity,
Cherie Mittenthal Elsa (Tina) Tarantal Nancy Rahnasto Osbourne
Executive Director Co-President Co-President
A non-profit arts education institution.