Director of Development
Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill has served a single purpose for more than 40 years: to create an inclusive and supportive arts community by providing a wide range of artistic experiences to students at all levels of ability. Energized by a faculty of distinguished artists and writers and enlivened by a welcoming and engaging community, Castle Hill offers workshops, lectures, exhibitions, performances, special events and short-term artist residencies. Located in an exquisitely beautiful rural setting, Castle Hill provides unique and inspiring learning experiences to all who come here.
Castle Hill seeks to revitalize its development activities to better leverage its board relationships; develop greater value in its donor and patron base; broaden institutional support; and secure new foundation and corporate relationships to work closely with grant writer/consultant.
- Implement a major gift program to ensure maximum results from the existing donor pool;
- Expansion of support from individuals. This will include cultivation of individual donors plus overseeing and executing a plan to increase the donor base.
- Responsible for organizing capital campaign to improve existing and planned facilities, new programmatic opportunities and increase endowment principle – and work with Campaign Planning Committee & leadership team.
- Responsible for planning fund raisers events in collaboration with marketing coordinator
- Reporting to funders / some grant writing
- Responsible for working with board person on events to assure coordination is good
Other Duties Includes:
-Preparation membership campaign, annual appeal
- All gift acknowledgements
- Providing general assistance to director, president, membership chair, etc. as needed.
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in the Arts or non-profit management preferred, 5-7 years previous major gifts experience, 5 year experience in grant-writing, excellent writing skills, strong organizational skills, computer literate, team player, demonstrated ability to take initiative and proven track record of fundraising accomplishments.
40 hours per week, competitive salary
Send Cover letter & Resume: by February 1, 2015 to Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill, PO Box 756, Truro, MA 02666 Att: Cherie Mittenthal, Executive Director, please include salary history
INTERNSHIP ARE AVAILABLE!
Internship Applications: Click on the link below
The intern is responsible for the smooth, safe and efficient running
of workshops and for daily maintenance of studio and grounds. Studios
require quick breakdowns and set ups between classes with attention
to the detailed requirements of each class including the number
of students. Classes change every week and studio managers must
anticipate new requirements and understand how all equipment works.
Studios open at 8:45 a.m. and close at 5:00, staff ideally work
on staggering 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. –
5:00 p.m. (times will vary depending on evening workshops)
- Preparing the studios and grounds in anticipation of the summer
season, making necessary repairs, gardening, painting...
- Work with Operations Manager regarding supplies
- Preparing studios for each workshop, cleaning up after use, closing
down at the end of the day
- Assisting the faculty, checking attendance, and generally monitoring
- Maintaining equipment and supervising its use
- Enforcing universal and safety precautions as described by director-
Keeping grounds in order and all public spaces, i.e. bathrooms,
gallery, landscaping, parking
- Assisting with Open House and other events as planned
- Cleaning, inventory and closing the studios at the end of the
- Associates Degree in arts or related field, strong people skills,
organized and a team player
- Must have an interest in the arts and a strong background in at
least one of the following areas: ceramics (experience in firing
kilns), printmaking, working with children, handyman / light carpentry
/ maintenance / landscaping
Unpaid for trade for workshops and work experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter anytime to:
Cherie Mittenthal, Castle Hill, PO Box 756, Truro, MA 02666