INTERNSHIP ARE AVAILABLE!
Internship Applications: Click on the link below
The intern is responsible for the smooth, safe and efficient running
of workshops and for daily maintenance of studio and grounds. Studios
require quick breakdowns and set ups between classes with attention
to the detailed requirements of each class including the number
of students. Classes change every week and studio managers must
anticipate new requirements and understand how all equipment works.
Studios open at 8:45 a.m. and close at 5:00, staff ideally work
on staggering 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. –
5:00 p.m. (times will vary depending on evening workshops)
- Preparing the studios and grounds in anticipation of the summer
season, making necessary repairs, gardening, painting...
- Work with Operations Manager regarding supplies
- Preparing studios for each workshop, cleaning up after use, closing
down at the end of the day
- Assisting the faculty, checking attendance, and generally monitoring
- Maintaining equipment and supervising its use
- Enforcing universal and safety precautions as described by director-
Keeping grounds in order and all public spaces, i.e. bathrooms,
gallery, landscaping, parking
- Assisting with Open House and other events as planned
- Cleaning, inventory and closing the studios at the end of the
- Associates Degree in arts or related field, strong people skills,
organized and a team player
- Must have an interest in the arts and a strong background in at
least one of the following areas: ceramics (experience in firing
kilns), printmaking, working with children, handyman / light carpentry
/ maintenance / landscaping
Unpaid for trade for workshops and work experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter anytime to:
Cherie Mittenthal, Castle Hill, PO Box 756, Truro, MA 02666