- Artist Opportunity
- Support Castle Hill
JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Founded in 1971, Castle Hill is a well-respected and vibrant arts community in rural Cape Cod that is expanding its facilities and programs beginning in 2015, made possible through a capital campaign and related five year strategic planning process adopted in November 2014. Castle Hill seeks an experienced and successful fundraising professional to formalize its development activities by leading and building a development office that will help to sustain its fiscally solvent financial position during and long after this period of expansion. The position is unusual in giving an experienced and highly skilled development professional the opportunity to plan, prioritize and build a development office over time, based upon the capital campaign and strategic plans recently adopted by the Board on November 29, 2014.
Working under the Executive Director, the Director of Development will:
Other Duties Include:
Qualifications: Candidates should have at least a Bachelors Degree, preferably in the arts or non-profit management with 7 to 10 years of professional experience in fundraising, including no less than 3 years in senior development positions. Previous experience in all major facets of fundraising cited above with a demonstrable track record of fundraising accomplishments. Additional specific qualifications include:
Truro Center for the Arts at Castle Hill | PO Box 756 | Truro, MA 02666
Attn: Cherie Mittenthal, Executive Director
The intern is responsible for the smooth, safe and efficient running of workshops and for daily maintenance of studio and grounds. Studios require quick breakdowns and set ups between classes with attention to the detailed requirements of each class including the number of students. Classes change every week and studio managers must anticipate new requirements and understand how all equipment works. Studios open at 8:45 a.m. and close at 5:00, staff ideally work on staggering 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (times will vary depending on evening workshops)
- Preparing the studios and grounds in anticipation of the summer
season, making necessary repairs, gardening, painting...
- Work with Operations Manager regarding supplies
- Preparing studios for each workshop, cleaning up after use, closing down at the end of the day
- Assisting the faculty, checking attendance, and generally monitoring each class
- Maintaining equipment and supervising its use
- Enforcing universal and safety precautions as described by director- Keeping grounds in order and all public spaces, i.e. bathrooms, gallery, landscaping, parking
- Assisting with Open House and other events as planned
- Cleaning, inventory and closing the studios at the end of the season
- Associates Degree in arts or related field, strong people skills, organized and a team player
- Must have an interest in the arts and a strong background in at least one of the following areas: ceramics (experience in firing kilns), printmaking, working with children, handyman / light carpentry / maintenance / landscaping
Unpaid for trade for workshops and work experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter anytime to: Cherie Mittenthal, Castle Hill, PO Box 756, Truro, MA 02666
A location, nestled in the dunes of Truro and within walking distance to Cape Cod bay, provides an inspirational and meditative backdrop that enhances the workshop experience.
A distinguished faculty that consists of prominent artists in the fields of painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, photography, jewelry and writing.
A student body consists of both working artists and art students who hail from all over the US and Canada. Today Castle Hill celebrates its 40th year Anniversary.